Sunday, December 21, 2008

Friends Forever

Remember when I posted this picture from my friend Melinda's wedding...
Well guess what Melanie (bridesmaid on the right) just forwarded me... Look at how cute we are!!! Apparently this was our last day of kindergarten. Yes, I've always been the tall one. And how funny - I'm on the left in both pictures. Melinda was obviously the bride in the above picture and is on the right in this one. These are my oldest friends. Kindergarten was the only year we were in school together as I went to a different elementary school after that year. We saw each other on playdates, church, and girl scouts and all went our seperate ways during Jr. High. We rarely see each other anymore but keep in touch when we can. We'll always be BFF!
I've also been able to visit with some other friends recently from my elementary school years. This is Emily Lawson. We've been friends since 3rd grade. We used to blend our names together so I was Carrily and she was Emica. Ü We were both in love with Nathan Serrata but, of course, he liked her and not me. Ü We both LOVED New Kids on the Block. She was going to marry Jordan and I was going to marry Jon ~ that way we could be sisters. A few weeks ago she was visiting the Mesa area and made time to come visit me.
Amber Carey (middle) and I became friends in 1st grade because her last name is my first name. That is very cool to a 6 year old. We would swing on the swings and sing Madonna songs at the top of our lungs. She taught me how to do tons of tricks on the monkey bars. We were awesome! The 1st time I went on Boomerang at Knotts Berry Farm was with her. She had been on the ride so many times she could count down to when we were going to drop. It scared me to death!! Ü I was able to attend her bridal shower this summer.


It amazes me how I can go for forever without talking to these girls but when we finally get together its like we were never apart. Love you guys!!!

No comments: